Prompt & Reliable Roadside Assistance for Bartlett, Collierville, Memphis, TN; West Memphis, AR; & Southaven, MS
Vehicles are complex pieces of machinery that can encounter any number of issues at any time and place. Roadside assistance services can come in handy as a quick and convenient way to remedy many of these problems. Drivers often make the mistake, however, of thinking that roadside assistance is only for emergency situations, such as after a car crash. Read on to learn more about some of the common services the team here at Davenport’s Towing provides for customers stuck on the side of the road in Bartlett, Collierville, and Memphis, TN; West Memphis, AR; Southaven, MS; and the surrounding areas.
- Flat Tires: Driving on a flat tire can cause serious damage to the wheel rim and should only be done in order to bring the vehicle to a safe parking spot. Some drivers may have experience with changing a tire themselves, but calling roadside assistance can ensure the switch is performed quickly, properly, and safely.
- Dead Battery: We’ve all made the mistake of leaving our headlights on, only to return to our car to find that it won’t start. It’s common advice to carry jumper cables in the trunk, but sometimes there are no other vehicles and drivers around to help. Roadside assistance will give you a jump and get you back on the road.
- Lock-Outs: Whether you’ve locked your keys inside the car, left them on a kitchen counter or in a desk drawer, or fear you may have actually lost them, many roadside assistance services can send out a professional auto locksmith to meet you, whether you are at home, the office, the grocery store, or anywhere else.
- Out of Gas: When your gas gauge reaches the dreaded E, you are not always in the vicinity of a station to refill. Don’t worry, simply contact roadside assistance. Someone will show up with a gas container and fuel up your tank enough to make it to the nearest pump.
If you are having any other trouble, do not hesitate to call Davenport’s Towing. Our friendly roadside assistance experts will be sure to do everything in their power to help you out of it!
Though we all try to avoid it as much as possible, you could get stuck on the side of the road someday. It could be a flat tire, empty gas tank, or a snapped fan belt; regardless of the specifics, unforeseeable incidents can happen.
Whatever the reason you pulled off to the side of the road, prompt action is required to ensure you, your vehicle and passengers, and other drivers on the road remain safe.
If you run out of gas or your vehicle breaks down on the side of the road, here’s what you need to do:
- Don’t panic!
First and foremost, do not panic! Everyone gets stuck on the road from time to time, you’re not the only one. As long as everyone is safe and unharmed, there is nothing to fear. There is always a solution for your broken-down vehicle, but your safety is a top priority!
- Move your vehicle as far from the road as possible.
If possible, move your vehicle as far from the road as possible. Other drivers can be distracted while driving and things do happen; you don’t want your vehicle sideswiped or your family in danger because you didn’t pull over enough. Aim to be at least two feet from the edge of the roadway.
- Hang a “white flag” from the driver-side window.
A “white flag” signals to other drivers that your vehicle is unable to be moved and is now stranded on the side of the road. If you do not have a white item, choose something that is a lighter color so other drivers can see it during daylight hours. Insert your white flag into your window and then roll it back up to secure your item.
- Exit the vehicle and find a safe place to wait for help.
If there is constant passing traffic, exit your vehicle through the passenger-side door. If you have passengers in the car, they must safely exit too. Find a safe place to wait for help, preferably several yards off the side of the road for safety reasons.
- Call for roadside assistance.
Once everyone is in a safe and secure spot, it is time to call for roadside assistance. When choosing a company, it’s important to select a service that is professional and, most importantly, prompt. For worry-free roadside assistance you can rely on at the drop of a hat, call Davenport’s Towing!
At Davenport’s Towing, we know how nerve-wracking being stranded with a broken-down vehicle can be. That is why we dispatch our technicians as soon as we receive your call. From simple jump-starts and tire changes to lock-outs and total malfunctions that require a tow, we have the capabilities to handle it all. Our roadside assistance specialists can solve your problems in no time at all, getting back on your way quickly!
Give us a call for roadside assistance as soon as you need us! Be sure to store our contact in your cell phone for a quick connection. We service drivers throughout Southaven, MS; West Memphis, AR; Collierville, Barlett, Memphis, TN; and the surrounding areas.